Somerley Park Golf Club (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Data is retained for legitimate interests to enable us to provide the services requested.
These services fall into the following main category:
We retain data provided by you to enable us to provide you with the membership services set out in the terms and conditions of membership. This data is managed in Handicap Master who operate a secure network accessed through the internet. Access to your personal information held within Handicap Master is limited to members of the Committee who require that information to provide the services to you.
You may also choose to share your information with other members of the golf club for golfing or social purposes. We do not share your personal information with other members without consent other than for legitimate purposes connected to the services provided by the club. These purposes would include, but may not be limited to, administering your membership, entries into and results of competitions, handicapping and possible team selection.
Other information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We do not request or hold information in relation the racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, sex life or orientation. We may request limited medical information solely for the purposes of individual personal safety. That medical information is made available to relevant personnel in the case of an emergency or medical incident taking place and that information in those circumstances will be shared with medical professionals if requested.
Accuracy of Data
We request that the data you provide is accurate and ask that you notify us should there be a change in that information.
We only retain data collected for a reasonable period and for legitimate reasons or with consent.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and internal marketing. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies and how they benefit you
Our Cookies enable us to:
- Make our website work as you’d expect.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster.
- Continuously improve our website for you..
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To speed up your searches.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission).
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission).
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your Internet browser) are adjusted to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are fine with this.
More about our Cookies
This helps us to continuously improve our website. These so called “analytics”• programs also tell us if how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before helping us to put more money into developing our services for you instead of marketing spend. We use: Google Analytics
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our website (and a large proportion of the world’s other websites) as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you have concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
We will not use your personal data for marketing services that you have not requested and we will not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes without your specific consent.
Subject access requests
In certain circumstances individuals have the right to access their personal data and should do so in writing addressed to: The Club Secretary, Somerley Park Golf Club, Nea Drive, Ringwood BH24 3PL.